Friday, June 30, 2017

Collecting Resources with Diigo

I started collecting and organizing sources by using Feedly, which was recommended to me. I then decided to switch to Diigo, because I like the chrome extension option and ease of adding sites. I also like the feature that you can annotate what you're reading directly through Diigo.

I have chosen the following sites to follow. I am always looking for German ideas, so I chose sites that were either language learning in general or specific to German or multiple languages.

The subtitle of this blog is “Promoting Rich, Relevant and Rigorous Teaching and Learning.” This alone intrigued me. In addition, I like that this blogger has some fairly recent posts, meaning that he or she is still actively blogging.

Language Teachers’ Café hosts resources on German, French and Spanish, so that is appealing to me since I teach both German and Spanish. In the most recent post (from April), there are several concrete project ideas.

Although the most recent post on this site is from 2015, there are many different German and technology focused posts to browse. I hope this blogger decides to start blogging again.

The Language Teacher’s Toolbox also provides examples specific to German, French and Spanish, including culturally relevant and inclusive lessons.

The Language Gym intrigues me based on the organization of the blog and the background of the blogger. I feel there is much to learn from him.

I decided to further explore whether I could find German specific teaching blogs, and I came across this link, which led me to this blog, which is written completely in German, and shares ideas on teaching German as a foreign language (Deutsch als Fremdsprache).

I now have a simple way to add sites to my organizer via Google Chrome and Diigo!

No comments:

Post a Comment