Monday, June 12, 2017

Welcome to my Blog!

Greetings! Liebe Grüße! ¡Saludos! 
"Hello" in American Sign Language
My name is Frau/Señora Campbell and I teach German, Spanish and a bit of American Sign Language at Manheim Central High School, in Lancaster County, PA. I teach levels 1-4 of German, level 1 Spanish, and ASL in a club environment.

I love to incorporate technology into my lessons! I teach daily using my Promethean (Interactive White Board) and ActivInspire. I utilize the Learning Management System Schoology. I enjoy conducting formative assessments using Kahoot and Pear Deck.

The most techie lesson I've done so far is using EDpuzzle. After learning how use the site, I was able to embed videos with questions throughout to engage my students and hold them accountable. They seemed to like it and even scored better than if they had watched the video and then answered the questions, due to the nature of the content being in German.

My goal for this program is to continue to expand my repertoire of tech tools to enhance learning in my classroom and also to refine and deepen the use of programs with which I am already familiar.

I love to travel and look forward to more adventures this summer in Great Britain and Montréal, Canada. Last summer I spent a month in Spain with my family. Below is a picture of one of our adventures in the city of Zaragoza.

No comments:

Post a Comment