Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Tech Tool Reflection: Quizlet Live

I first discovered Quizlet Live this past semester while collaborating with an English teacher colleague. I had been making sets in Quizlet for my students to study and realized how easy it was to make it a collaborative whole class activity. To use Quizlet Live, you need at least 6 students and an existing Quizlet set. Students are given a code, similar to in Kahoot, and then automatically placed into teams. The teams are given animal names in the target language too! The students have to work together to match the answers.

This blog post, by Kristy Placido, helped give me further ideas about how to use Quizlet Live in the classroom. I also thought about defining the vocabulary in the target language to avoid the use of English. It could also be used to match states or countries and capitals or to identify tenses. The set possibilities are endless and can be more complex than just English to target language.

I feel that this is a worthwhile tool to use in my class for a variety of reasons: students don’t need to know the vocabulary very well in advance, the games go quickly and students are highly motivated by the competition. Students must also work together, which promotes collaboration among peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment