Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Tech Tool Reflection: Story Bird

I learned about Story Bird via the blog, World Language Classroom. This tool can be used to publish a story in the target language, including pictures. The final product resembles an online book and the book can be embedded in a class website or LMS.

In German 3 I have my students write their own fairy tales after reading many authentic texts from the Brothers Grimm. In German 4, they also write their own “moral stories” after reading Struwwelpeter. Utilizing this tool, I believe my students would really enjoy having a finished project to represent their stories as opposed to just a story on paper with pictures. I think that any creative open-ended writing piece would tie in well with this tool. It would also be fun for students to write their own children’s books using Story Bird.

I believe that this tool is worthwhile in my classroom because it gives students a final product of which they can be proud. They can also add it to a digital portfolio that follows them through and after high school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment