Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Tech Tool Reflection: SeeSaw

Prior to exploring this tool, I had heard of it, but couldn’t tell you about its use or purpose. SeeSaw is an online portfolio tool where students can collect or even create a variety of work in one tidy place. Other students in the class and even parents can view the portfolio. Through the PBL in the TL, I was able to gain more insight into this versatile tool.

In my school district I am the only German teacher. In my German classroom, I see the same students for up to four consecutive semesters. I think that using a tool like SeeSaw would be a great way to collect and save work from all levels of German. Additionally, SeeSaw would be a great tool for communicating with families. The possibilities appear to be endless, including the ability to draw, write a note, take a picture and add any file you wish. PBL in the TL suggests two great project ideas: Making Memes inSpanish and Casting Call Selfies. Both would be interesting topics for me to pursue with my students.

I believe this is a worthwhile tool due to the portfolio aspect and the variety of tools that are included. Students are able to collect or create projects all in one spot that can travel across courses and levels. Additionally, parents can access the tool to view their child’s work.

No comments:

Post a Comment